By the way, if you think none of these apply to you, you're probably mistaken. I sure was:
- Of course I don't think I'm Nostradamus! I just make guesses about the future and argue as if they're inevitable truth.
- Geez! I just can't understand why my ranting and personal attacks don't persuade you to see things my way.
- I believe that I know exactly what you're really thinking, and nothing you can say will ever convince me otherwise.
- Your logic will never compete with my delusions!
- Don't bother explaining. I'll only respond to the parts I can argue against.
- I did listen! I listened to my own thoughts, right up to the point I interrupted you.
- It's so much easier to rage on and on about this external issue than deal with the unresolved personal issues I'm really mad about.
And finally, here's one I used for the latest installment of Deep Tweets by Botgirl Questi