|Gonzo Visual Version of Tweet|
This post collects and extends yesterday's tweets on #creativity
- Self-censorship is best left for the morning after: It's 3 A.M. You've been flirting your ass off all night with a smoking piece of work. Suddenly, you realize that you're so intoxicated by passion that "art goggles" may be clouding your vision. You worry that in the cold hard light of morning you may wake to find that your brilliant new beauty is actually a worn-out monstrosity. Please don't fear! Take heart and consumate with wild abandon. You have been gifted by the Great Muse herself. At least for tonight.
- Creativity is not my servant. I am hers.
- Some people create to express their vision. I create to reveal what I have not yet seen.
- Inspiration is a gift. Have you thanked your Muse today?
- All art is collaborative because it rests upon eons of work by countless predecessors.
- There is nothing free of cliché. There is nothing completely clichéd. Dig deeper because there is something inside of us longing to be born.
- Play is creativity's natural habitat and passion her midwife.
- It's true that you can't please everyone. But you can't offend everyone either. God save me from the lukewarm.